Wellbeing noun: the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy.
The state of wellbeing can be broken down to 5 key components: Physical, Mental, Emotional, Spiritual, and Social. These aspects all contribute to how we feel about our lives. Having a general feeling of wellbeing is associated with higher productivity, lower risk of illness and injury, more satisfying relationships, and other positive physical and social outcomes.
No one feels happy all the time. That is what makes the sense of personal wellbeing so gratifying when you feel it. When you are feeling down, here are some ways to improve your wellbeing:
- Eat something healthy. The human body needs nutrients found in fresh foods like fruits and vegetables. Processed foods can lead to health issues including anxiety. Avoid sugars and caffeine.
- Take a walk. Walking outside to take in some fresh air is even better! The increase in blood flow will make you feel more energetic.
- Deal with it. Instead of avoiding a stressful situation, face it head-on. Take a positive action to make the situation better. Talk it out to find a solution.
- Laugh. Look for the bright side. Surround yourself with people who give you joy.
- Get some rest. Sleep is essential for wellbeing. Rejuvenate the body and mind with a good night’s sleep.
Learn more about wellbeing at https://www.cdc.gov/hrqol/wellbeing.htm